As featured on
The 24th Council District soon will be looking a lot cleaner with a joint public-nonprofit sector collaboration announced last week by Councilman James Gennaro (D-Hillcrest).
The councilman and city Sanitation Commissioner Edward Grayson teamed up on Queens Boulevard in Briarwood on Oct. 15 to announce the securing of $430,000 in the city budget to reduce litter and graffiti in the district.
- Beauty and brains from OP contender
- LeFrak death not a homicide, cops say
- Details emerge in Orsolya Gaal case
- Flushing man stabbed to death in own home
- Proposed maps to cut district in three
- Ngwu funeral to be in home country, Nigeria
- Fight for Rockaway Beach continues
- Three teens shot in Fresh Meadows
- Jamaica task force has heavy hitters
- Watergate figure John Mitchell was a Jamaica man